Are you upset you can’t play gigs anymore? And is the video you made from your bedroom not quite as great as you thought? Then raise the bar and participate in our music contest!
How to participate
- Pick a rooftop and raise the roof!
- Make a video recording of your performance on the rooftop.
- Upload your video to YouTube and forward the link to Chantal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your video before 15 June 2020.
- The whole act should take place on a rooftop. A balcony doesn’t count as a rooftop, but a rooftop terrace does.
- The music should be your own material and has to be performed live.
- Your submission consists of a link to a YouTube video (of preferably no more than three minutes). Make sure to mention the name of the artist(s) and the title of the song.
- Only the views on YouTube count towards the Award for Most Views and these will be counted one week after the deadline, on 22 June at noon.
What can you win?
All submitted videos will be posted on the Rotterdamse Dakendagen website.
The videos will be watched by all the partner venue programmers, who will also choose the winners:
- 1000 euros for Best Video.
- 250 euros for Most Original Video.
- 250 euros for Video with the Most Hits.
- A gig at Baroeg, BIRD or Grounds.
- A gig at Eendracht Festival, Metropolis, Motel Mozaïque or Rotterdamse Dakendagen.
Communication regarding the results will not be possible.
The From-Your-Rooftop Music Awards are sponsored by:
Popunie, Rotterdam Festivals, Fonds 21, VSBFonds, Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, Fonds Podiumkunsten, Stichting Bevordering van Volkskracht, Stichting Elise Mathilde Fonds, Stichting Verzameling van Wijngaarden-Boot.
Image: photo (c) Frank Hanswijk, graphic design (c) Emile Efdee