Be seen by venue programmers, win a gig at an amazing venue in Rotterdam and compete for a cash prize!
Are you upset you can’t play gigs anymore? And is the video you made from your bedroom not quite as great as you thought? Then raise the bar!
Rotterdamse Dakendagen, together with multiple concert venues in Rotterdam, is challenging musicians to record a music video on a rooftop within the most beautiful context there is: the city of Rotterdam. The best and most original rooftop gigs will be seen by Rotterdam venue programmers, you will get a chance to win a gig and you can compete for the grand prize of 1000 euros.
The From-Your-Rooftop Music Awards are made possible by Albeda, Annabel, Baroeg, BIRD, Blijdorp Festival, Codarts, De Doelen, Eendracht Festival, Festival Downtown, Grounds, Islemunda, LantarenVenster, Metropolis, Motel Mozaïque, Operator, Rotown, Theater Zuidplein, Triphouse, Yardbird and WORM. The programmers from these venues are part of the jury and will watch your video! In addition, Baroeg, BIRD, Eendracht Festival, Festival Downtown, Grounds, Metropolis, Motel Mozaïque and Rotterdamse Dakendagen have reserved a venue for a gig (once it’s permitted again) by the competitor of their choice.
The jury will choose the winner of the best rooftop video, who will receive 1000 euros. There are also awards for the Most Original Video and the Video with the Most Views.
Your music is worth paying attention to, so what are you waiting for?! Put yourself in the spotlight for those Rotterdam venue programmers!
How to participate
- Pick a rooftop and raise the roof!
- Make a video recording of your performance on the rooftop.
- Upload your video to YouTube and forward the link to Chantal at email@example.com.
- Submit your video before 15 June 2020.
- The whole act should take place on a rooftop. A balcony doesn’t count as a rooftop, but a rooftop terrace does.
- The music should be your own material and has to be performed live.
- Your submission consists of a link to a YouTube video (of no more than three minutes). Make sure to mention the name of the artist(s) and the title of the song.
- Only the views on YouTube count towards the Award for Most Views and these will be counted one week after the deadline, on 22 June at noon.
What can you win?
All submitted videos will be posted on the Rotterdamse Dakendagen website.
The videos will be watched by all the partner venue programmers, who will also choose the winners:
- 1000 euros for Best Video.
- 250 euros for Most Original Video.
- 250 euros for Video with the Most Hits.
- A gig at Baroeg, BIRD or Grounds.
- A gig at Eendracht Festival, Metropolis, Motel Mozaïque or Rotterdamse Dakendagen.
Communication regarding the results will not be possible.
The From-Your-Rooftop Music Awards are sponsored by:
Popunie, Rotterdam Festivals, Fonds 21, VSBFonds, Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, Fonds Podiumkunsten, Stichting Bevordering van Volkskracht, Stichting Elise Mathilde Fonds, Stichting Verzameling van Wijngaarden-Boot.
Image: photo (c) Frank Hanswijk, graphic design (c) Emile Efdee